Granola is a sweet and crunchy cereal to munch at breakfast time, and it’s good for you too. This granola recipe is really versatile, so you can put in whatever fruit and extras that are your favourites. Yep, you can design your own breakfast cereal!
It’ll also make the grown-ups happy, as this version is healthy as well as being much, much cheaper than the granola you buy in the shops.
- 150g (2 cups) oats
- 65g (1/2 cup) chopped nuts (we used pecan)
- 75g (1/2 cup) dried fruit (we used cranberries)
- 35g (1/4 cup) seeds
- 3 tbsp honey (you can use maple or golden syrup too)
- 2 tbsp oil (rapeseed or mild and light olive oil are healthier options)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Let’s Get Going
1. Preheat the oven to 170c, 325f, gas 3.
4. After 10 minutes, get your grown-up to take it out and give it a mix around with a spoon. This is to make sure the oats get nice and toasty.
5. Put it back into the oven for another 15-25 minutes. Take it out when it looks a light golden colour and leave it to cool. (Don’t worry if it’s soft when you take it out, it firms up and sticks together as it cools.)
And it’s as easy at that! Granola tastes yummy with yogurt, and you can add a drizzle of honey or some fresh fruits to make it extra yummers too.
Take a look at this homemade yogurt recipe to go with your granola–it’s easy too 🙂